Bite Registration Instructions for Wax Block Models
- In a small bowl, use a little spoon, butter knife, or Popsicle stick to mix the two pouches of bite registration material (RelineIt) together until smooth.
- Allow the material to set up partially until it's no longer runny (2-4 minutes).
- Use all the material to cover the bottom side of the upper wax block model
- Put both custom block models into your mouth.
- Bite down until your lower jaw comes to its natural resting position.
- Using your finger, smoosh any material that has oozed out back in-between the blocks
- Hold this position with your mouth for 6 minutes to allow the material to set up
IT'S TOTALLY FINE IF THE BLOCKS DON'T LINE UP PERFECTLY OR THERE IS SPACE BETWEEN THEM DURING THIS STEP
- If you can, remove both bite blocks from your mouth at the same time without disturbing the bite material.
- If you can't manage to take them out at the same time, open your mouth with the bite blocks in place, peeling the material from ONE SIDE ONLY (upper OR lower), NOT BOTH.
- Place the bite blocks back onto the stone models they came with (if you haven't relined the insides of them), putting them together so the bite registration material isn't disturbed from how it was inside your mouth.
- If you've relined your block models, pack them with paper towel or tissue inside them so they don't become warped or smooshed in shipping. Put the stone models together the way they came and secure them with a rubber band or plastic wrap. Secure the wax block models together with plastic wrap.
Wrap the wax blocks and stone models in bubble wrap and secure with tape. Pack in a small box and mail them back to the lab:
JOs Denture Lab
3418 Dunham Drive SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404