Bite Registration Instructions for Wax Denture Models
- In a small bowl, use a little spoon, butter knife, or Popsicle stick to mix the two pouches of bite registration material (RelineIt) together until smooth.
- Allow the material to set up partially until it's no longer runny (2-4 minutes).
- Put both custom denture models into your mouth.
- Bite down until your lower jaw comes to its natural resting position.
- Using your finger, smoosh the registration material into the fronts of the upper and lower denture models from canine to canine. Smooth it out as best you can with your finger, and then close your lips over the material.
- Hold this position with your mouth for 6 minutes to allow the material to set up
IT'S TOTALLY FINE IF THE MODELS DON'T LINE UP PERFECTLY OR THERE IS SPACE BETWEEN THEM DURING THIS STEP
- If you can, remove both models from your mouth at the same time without disturbing the bite material.
- If you can't manage to take them out at the same time, open your mouth with the bite blocks in place, peeling the material from ONE SIDE ONLY (upper OR lower), NOT BOTH.
- Place the wax models back onto the stone models they came with (if you haven't relined the insides of them), putting them together so the bite registration material isn't disturbed from how it was inside your mouth.
- If you've relined your wax models, pack them with paper towel or tissue inside them so they don't become warped or smooshed in shipping. Put the stone models together the way they came and secure them with a rubber band or plastic wrap. Secure the wax block models together with plastic wrap.
Wrap the wax models and stone models in bubble wrap and secure with tape. Pack in a small box and mail them back to the lab: